#2

Some monkey
“in the business”
(do you know a guy?)
set us up
with bunches of bananas.

Nobody could see
bananas.
He was ahead of his time.
Times change.

This is an inside joke.

(Do you see it?
 Did you see it?
 What's this nonsense?)
                       
I am asking you
there
to make some sense 
of bananas.

It’s something to see.


BUSINESS TRIP

    after Sandy Duncan on The Muppet Show

Up high   

bananas come in bunches.

One leads to another. 

& just one more
will get me there.

There,
                                                                                             space
where
never 
land.

There’s a different view
up high   
bananas come in bunches.
One led to another.

(Where has all 
  this 
  gone?)

I am sorry.
I am not here right 
now.
I have gone bananas.

I would rather be bananas
to deal with business
then be a monkey
gone
dealing with business.

Business is bananas.

This is why
there is a whole
other business in 
side bananas.

Make a deal. 
Hit a peel. 

The banana 
peels back 
images
to laugh at.

Sometimes
there is a serious
trip
with the peels
to laugh at?

Spirit rises
then body comes 
down.
Slip & fall &
roll out unbroken.
Like nothing happened.

(The likelihood of
  this
 happening.)

Deal with real.
This is slippery.

To believe
is to be
& to live.
As life is real
& what is real
is what is believed.

Living became a reality
& bananas want me to
believe in my own
reality I have to live in.
I believe in the bananas
because bananas
mean business.

That mellow yellow
in the middle
says greens lead 
to darkness.

But that is also just what
they say.

They 
always 
have some thing 
to say.

This
is some
Thing.

(Which a monkey could 
  decide or decipher.
 Would you agree?

 For what's agreed
 is suited
 to travel)

They say
banana peel grins
hide an empty hole
that keeps on growing
craving more.

But where were they
when I needed somebody?
My advice to them
is to mind
their own business.

                     Besides
               a banana
           sketch
       in one
   line
 is just
 a phase
    after all
        if not
             mine
                this is
                     just
                        a line.
   
(The wall is not really there,
  but you can see it. 

   Can you not?)

I have lost track of 
time
& it feels great.
I am through feeling sorry for my
Self.
It is the first time I ever felt that.
I am young again.
Every thing feels 
like the first time.

I am beautiful
banana cream pie
one with the sky.

I have lost track of             time
& it feels strange.
I feel sorry for myself.
It is the first time I ever felt 
that. I am full of rotten holes,
worse than the first time.

I am just another
battered down
deep fried frown.

Hollow 
or whole
high 
or low
the desert days just desserts
is a daze
losing track of time
of one more
or one less
& the first time I ever felt
that.

Never like the first time.
That is what they say
& it is the only way.
Listen to what they say.

They say the world has gone bananas.
That is only because the world is strictly business.
They are bananas
& that is what they did first.
Made me see how bananas the world is.
Which is exactly what bananas said first.
But what good is any of this business?
Did I really choose which one to believe in?
I am down-&-out.

They are in control.

Nothing is straight anymore.
I'm a curled-up barren mood
with one measly breath
belly aching for more.

(Gone again?

  You are talking to yourself.

  They are talking.)

It will never be the same.

There is no more
this
time
I am nobody
this
time
I am asking for more
of
This.
Time.
There is nothing.

The world is bananas.
My brain is bananas.
I am a banana.

Mass of mush
just waiting
to get baked
wanting more
trying not to gag 
keeping it down
to get up high.

(What is in sight?)
                                                                                                B,
It's too far 
out of sight!

Is there any more?
I do not understand 
any more.
What's the big deal?
Which is more bananas?
What business is it for me to decide?

I'd rather split.

They say
what's out
is time & space,
which is the same.

The space stole my time
just the same.

The time gave me space
just the same.

Give or take
after a vacation
is it bananas to think
I am still the same
in this time as space?

Bananas will always be the same
when it all slips away
but what will I still 
be doing
there
begging 
for
some
more

of this
time
as
same
so
me

sometimes

just
here
my mind
is clear
& I remember.

The first time
I can remember.

I can remember.

(You are inside 
 the joke now.

 Does it make you paranoid?)

Remember how it started?

They said

they wanted walls...


I remember.

I remember

being in class
& our teacher
made us watch
a video tape
of a man 
in a room
alone
just
eating
a banana
so slowly!
& the video
was super
long
AF!

I looked around
at all my class
mates(?), like 
is
she for real?!

This woman,
this "teacher,"
needs to                         B
put away!

Now, 
I remember,
& it makes sense.

I remember

I wanted to live my dream
& for that to be my reality,
but I was too scared 
because my reality
they said
was bananas.

YES

I will follow

yellow

all the way
down 
its
road

&

I will yell

¡O!

(but mellow)

Fore I'll never understand monkey business,
AND if there is a ban on bananas
that must be a reason why
monkeys climb

up high...