#30









         first published in London's Selcouth Station

One of my fears growing up was the army. There is nothing about war and violence that ever hasn't frightened me. As a child, I created this scenario of a whole doomed future where I was going to get drafted into the armed services and die, and I could not let it go. God bless my mom, she is very much a child of her mother, who was a child of her mother, & etcetera & so forth, this motherland of ours is really quite a anxiety-ridden patriarchy, but anyway my mother would tell me not to worry, but I kept on picturing this destructive war as my fate. My mother tired of me and told me if I had to, I could escape to Canada. I then started obsessing about finding a route to cross the border. 

& Is there any escape from war? You can run, but you can't hide, that's what they say.

& My distaste for wars, does not make me a traitor or a hater of soldiers. America has twisted words one too many times, including making one believe in self immolation. I believe a desire to live a life of love is the most vital need for a person. But the poem speaks for itself within itself. People do disguise themselves within a motherland's bounty while others suffer, and they would betray her in a heartbeat for more bounty. So many neighbors suffer PTSD... so many friends and family have died. In this episode, the firing squad keep missing the target.

& Segue, Nancy Walker was a spokeswoman for Bounty paper towels.  Ah yes, how could I have forgotten to mention her name, this poem connects with the tenacious, yet delightful appearance of Nancy Walker in Season 2 of The Muppet Show!  & would you believe it, the first time this brilliant episode aired was in another bounty country on October 28th, the day my mother gave birth to me. It's no wonder it's one of my favorites.

& The last line reads "keep orange onstage." It's tone is lost. Def. It should read "why is orange onstage?"

SOMEBOUNTY CLEAN THIS MESS UP !